Dr. Joel Foster is trained in all aspects of foot and ankle care, from skin and nails to muscles and bones to nerves and wounds. Bottom line: if anything is wrong with your feet or ankles—pain, mobility issues, skin infections, nail problems, etc.—there is an excellent chance that we can help you.
Common Foot and Ankle Conditions We Treat
Some of the most common conditions we treat here include:
- Achilles tendinitis. Achilles tendinitis happens when the Achilles tendon is overused. Surgery is only necessary when nonsurgical treatments fail to provide the desired relief.
- Bunions. Bunions are relatively common foot deformities distinguished by the formation (and growth) of a large, bony bump along the inside of the foot, at the base of the big toe. We provide surgical treatment when conservative options are ineffective.
- Children's feet. Because their bones are still soft and growing, caring for a child’s feet is often quite different from treating adults.
- Hammertoes. Minimally-invasive surgery in-office at a low cost is great treatment for hammertoes.
- Ingrown toenails. We offer conservative treatments, as well as minor surgical procedures to quickly remove the ingrown edge of a nail and even prevent it from growing back.
- Flat feet. People with flat feet are at much higher risk of developing pain, injury, and fatigue, especially in their feet and legs.
- Fungal toenails. We offer advanced laser therapy and more traditional methods to help you get rid of thick, yellowed, and damaged toenails.
- Heel spurs. Many heel spurs are painless, but we offer a range of treatment options for clients who are experiencing discomfort from this condition.
- Nerve pain. Damaged nerves can cause numbness, tingling, burning, or shooting pain throughout the foot. Seeking treatment early can help restore function and prevent continued damage.
- Plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis is common but very treatable. Early diagnosis can help us treat you non-surgically before the condition gets to the point of needing surgery.
- Plantar warts. When a wart is in a load-bearing area, such as under the heel or ball of the foot, it may appear flattened and covered by hard, callused skin. It also may be painful or tender. Swift Microwave Therapy offers improved cure rates, greater convenience, less pain, and zero downtime or aftercare when compared to traditional wart therapies.
We Offer a Full Range of Foot and Ankle Treatment Options at our Lee's Summit Office
While some foot and ankle conditions are still best treated by traditional remedies that have been used for decades, many others benefit significantly from the latest advances in research and technology.
We continually invest in advanced treatment options to give our patients the absolute best and widest possible range of treatment options for their foot or ankle issues. These include laser therapy, minimally-invasive surgical techniques, and more.
Check out our Services page for more information on some of the advanced care options available at our office in Lee’s Summit.
We pride ourselves on both high-quality care and a personalized treatment approach for all foot and ankle concerns. To schedule an appointment with our office, please call (816) 246-4222 today.